I just launched this new version 12/2/16 and will be adding tutorials, codes to this page soon.
Basic Installation After Download
- Install Free Version of GeneratePress
- Upload and Activate IONX Theme (IONX is a child theme of GP)
- Fix Widgets – IONX has 3 new Widget locations which may inherit your existing theme’s widgets.
- Goto Appearance > Customize to adjust layout and basic colors.
While out of the box your IONX Theme will look just like this default install, you can get tons more customization features if you purchase the GP Premium plugin.
To be clear, we’re not using any premium features on this demo site. It’s 100% free.
- Lightweight Grid Columns – For responsive columns from Generatepress
- Simple CSS – For adding custom css from GeneratePress
- JP Widget Visibility – For our Banner Widgets
Out of the box and with just these two free plugins activated here is ION’s GTMetrix score for this page.
- WP Super Speed – Improves Pagespeed score and load time
- Autoptimize – Aggregate and minimize JS, CSS and HTML
Best Theme Design Tip Ever
If you want to know how to change a design element of a website, right click on that element and click “Inspect”. You’ll then see the CSS code that controls that element and you can modify it live. Once you see the change you want to make, add that code to the Simple CSS editor.